For any enquiries about play therapy, contact Dee Cracknell, or visit the Blue Daisies Play Therapy website here.
Play is essential for children to develop physically, emotionally and socially. It fosters imagination and creativity and encourages confidence and concentration. Play helps children make friends and learn about their ever-expanding world. It allows them to learn from mistakes safely.
Play therapy enables children to consider and acknowledge their feelings. It teaches them how to cope with feelings in a safe and constructive way.
Play therapy can be used for the following:
- Emotional/behavioural problems
- Bereavement or loss, divorce, separation or emotional upheaval
- Communication problems/autism/ADHD/ASD
- Delayed language/play development
- School exclusion
- Improving self-esteem
- Help with focus and concentration at school
- Peer and/or family relationships
- Emotional health and wellbeing
(Note: this list is not exclusive. Any referral will require an initial assessment.)
Dee Cracknell is a Certified Play Therapist with over 30 years’ experience working with children in various capacities.
Contact her via the email address and website link above.